Introduction from Kerry Everson
Knowledge Organisers provide the core knowledge from our curriculum that the students are required to know to meet curriculum expectations. They are an excellent resource to use for revision in preparation for assessments or examinations.
The KS4 Subject Specific Knowledge Organisers and the link to the KS3 termly booklet can be found in the "In this section" tab at the top right hand side of this page.
The Eduqas GCSE in Media Studies offers a broad, coherent and engaging course of study which enables learners to:
• demonstrate skills of enquiry, critical thinking, decision-making and analysis
• acquire knowledge and understanding of a range of important media issues
• develop appreciation and critical understanding of the media and their role both historically and currently in society, culture and politics
• understand and apply specialist subject-specific terminology to analyse and compare media products and the contexts in which they are produced and consumed to make informed arguments, reach substantiated judgements and draw conclusions about media issues
• appreciate how theoretical understanding supports practice and practice supports theoretical understanding
• develop practical skills by providing opportunities for creative media production.
- Louise Basley
- Tierney Elliott
- Kerry Everson
- Tamsin Pearce