Year 9 X Band
|Monday||Languages||9X1 Geography, 9x2 History, 9X3 History, 9X4 Geography|
|Tuesday||Maths||9X1 History 9X2 RE|
|Wednesday||Art||9x3 RE 9X4 RE|
|Monday||Languages||9X2 Geography 9X4 History|
|Tuesday||Design||9X1 RE 9X3 Geography|
Year 9 Y Band
|Monday||9Y1 Geography, 9Y2 History, 9Y3 Geography|
|Thursday||Languages||9Y1 RE, 9Y2 Geography|
|Tuesday||Science||9Y1 History, 9Y2 RE|
Year 8 X Band
|Monday||8X1 Geography, 8X2 History, 8X3 RE, 8X4 Geography|
|Tuesday||English||8X2 RE 8X4 RE|
|Thursday||8X1 History 8X3 Geography|
|Friday||Science||8X2 Geography 8X4 History|
Year 8 Y Band
|Thursday||Science||8Y1 History 8Y2 History 8Y3 Geography|
|Tuesday||8Y1 Geography 8Y3 History|
|Tuesday||Science||English||History, P&C||English, French||French||French, Art||History|
|Wednesday||English||Geography, P&C||Science, Art||Science, Maths||Maths, P&C||English||Science, Art|
|Friday||Art, Design||Science||English||Design||Science||History||Geography, English|
|Monday||Science, P&C||English||Geography||Science||Geography, Art||French, Geography||Fre|
|Wednesday||Maths||Science||French||P&C, Maths||History||Design||Mat, Des|
KS3 HOMEWORK NOTES
1. Each subject’s homework should take about 30 minutes. Some assignments, however, may require more time and one piece of work could therefore be set over several homework periods.
2. Teachers are expected to set homework on the days above according to this timetable.
3. All homework should be recorded via Classcharts. Students should check Classcharts every day for homework set. Students should also be encouraged to do independent learning and this may be on Sam learning or similar platforms as directed by each department.
4. Homework should not be required to be handed in on the following day. Students should plan their workloads carefully to ensure that too much homework is not left for any one evening.
5. It is expected that each student will read for 20 to 30 minutes every evening in order to improve their literacy skills.
6. IT, Drama and Music will set homework as required; this may be on a less regular basis than other subjects.
|Monday||Option Q||11X Science Set1|
|Wednesday||Science , PC|
|Tuesday||English, 11Y Science Set 1|
GCSE HOMEWORK NOTES
- Each subject’s homework should take about 45 minutes. Some assignments, however, may require more time and one piece of work could therefore be set over several homework periods.
- Teachers are expected to set homework on the days above according to this timetable.
- All homework should be recorded via Classcharts. Students should check Classcharts every day for homework set. Students should also be encouraged to do independent learning and this may be on Sam learning or similar platform as directed by each department.
- Homework should not be required to be handed in on the following day, particularly during GCSE portfolio, controlled assessment and revision periods. Students should plan their workloads carefully to ensure that too much homework is not left for any one evening.