Dates: Apply by 11am Monday 24th January 2022
Start date: ASAP – to be negotiated with the successful candidate
Salary: Grade E £19,698 - £20,493
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Monday 24th January 2022 at 11am
We are seeking to recruit a reliable, enthusiastic and efficient Caretaker to be responsible for maintaining our school premises.
As Caretaker, you will support the Site Manager to keep the school a safe and engaging environment for our students to learn in. This will involve carrying out routine health and safety checks, preventative maintenance routines, minor repairs, cleaning and porterage duties.
The right candidate will:
- Demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors and outside users of the school (hirers).
- Will be willing to work on a shift basis as detailed within the Job Description.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the Site Manager for further details.
How to apply?
To apply for this vacancy, please read the job details and fully complete an application form on the work for us page. A separate letter (no more than 2 sides A4) should indicate how your qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post. Please download and complete the Application Form, and return to the school via email to:
The Corsham School Academy Group is committed to safeguarding children and young people.
Any appointment is subject to the school receiving two satisfactory references, one of which will include your current/last employer. An appointment is also subject to you providing relevant documents to the school proving your legal right to work in the UK, clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service of an enhanced check for regulated activity, and confirmation of your professional qualifications.
On acceptance of a job offer a pre-employment health check will be completed. The appointment is conditional on all the above checks being satisfactory.