Curriculum Team Leader of Computer Science & IT
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020 @ 11am
Start date: September 2020
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS (£24,373 - £40,490) + TLR 2B (£4,653)
The Corsham School Academy Group seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Curriculum Team Leader of Computer Science & IT to deliver exceptional teaching and learning to our students, and help to lead continued improvements in GCSE and A Level outcomes. The successful candidate will model excellent practice, have students’ progress at the forefront of their teaching, will lead on curriculum development in their subject specialism and have a willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join us and make a significant contribution to our school.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an inspirational and passionate Computer Science & IT teacher
- be a professional who is able to work in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- be experienced in raising attainment in a classroom environment with students of all abilities
- be able to show evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through schemes of work and extra-curricular activities
A strong commitment to raising achievement and standards is required along with an informed and creative approach to curriculum delivery.
The Corsham School is part of a small Multi Academy Trust serving the market town of Corsham and surrounding villages. It is situated in North Wiltshire, on the outskirts of the Cotswolds, 8 miles from Bath and within easy reach of the M4.
The Corsham School is a ‘Good’ School where ‘Pupils behave well in and out of lessons, are respectful of each other and learn well in a secure, friendly and supportive setting.’ Ofsted Sept 2019
The Corsham School offers: -
- Enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning
- A caring and supportive department, staff body and wider school community
- A commitment to professional development and career progression opportunities which is supported
- by being a member of the Great Western Teaching Alliance
- A full programme of induction and support; we are committed to staff well- being, are a very happy school where staff morale is high.
As part of the remuneration package The Corsham School Academy Group offers excellent Employee Benefits, including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, together with discounts on High Street shopping, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply via the application form. A separate letter (no more than 2 sides A4) addressed to the Headteacher should indicate how your qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post. Please download and complete the Application Form, and return to the school via email to: email@example.com
The Corsham School Academy Group is committed to safeguarding children and young people.
This appointment is subject to the school receiving two satisfactory references, one of which will include your current/last employer. This appointment is also subject to you providing relevant documents to the school proving your legal right to work in the UK, clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service of an enhanced check for regulated activity, and confirmation of your professional qualifications.
On acceptance of a job offer a pre-employment health check will be completed. The appointment is conditional on all of the above checks being satisfactory.