Lead Teacher of Design & Technology
Closing Date: Friday 24th April at 11am
Start date: September 2020
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS (£24,373 - £40,490) + TLR 2A (£2,796)
The Corsham School Academy Group seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Lead Teacher of Design & Technology working within our Arts, Design and Technology Department to deliver exceptional teaching and learning to our students, and help to lead continued improvements in GCSE and A Level outcomes. The successful candidate will model excellent practice, have students’ progress at the forefront of their teaching, will lead on curriculum development in their subject specialism and have a willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join us and make a significant contribution to our school.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an inspirational and passionate Design & Technology teacher
- have successful experience of teaching Design & Technology at KS3, KS4 (GCSE DT and NCFE Level 2 Graphic Design, or equivalent) and KS5 (A Level Product Design, or equivalent)
- be a professional who can work in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- have the passion and engaging skills to inspire and challenge students of all abilities to achieve
- be able to show evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through
- schemes of work and extra-curricular activities
A strong commitment to raising achievement and standards is required along with an informed and creative approach to curriculum delivery.
The Corsham School is part of a small Multi Academy Trust serving the market town of Corsham and surrounding villages. It is situated in North Wiltshire, on the outskirts of the Cotswolds, 8 miles from Bath and within easy reach of the M4.
We are a fully inclusive school and our students are hardworking, and rightly expect that their teachers will share and encourage their aspirations. We believe that students should have every possible opportunity to develop themselves beyond the classroom with a wide range of extra-curricular activities, support and pastoral care. We aim to develop not just the academic abilities of our students but also the confidence, life skills, personal qualities and values to be successful young people.
The Corsham School is a ‘Good’ School where ‘Pupils behave well in and out of lessons, are respectful of each other and learn well in a secure, friendly and supportive setting.’ Ofsted Sept 2019
The Corsham School offers: -
- Enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning
- A caring and supportive department, staff body and wider school community
- A commitment to professional development and career progression opportunities, supported by membership of the Great Western Teaching Alliance
- A full programme of induction and support; we are committed to staff well- being
As part of the remuneration package The Corsham School Academy Group offers excellent Employee Benefits, including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, together with discounts on High Street shopping, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply via the application form. A separate letter (no more than 2 sides A4) addressed to the Headteacher should indicate how your qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post. Please download and complete the Application Form, and return to the school via email to: email@example.com